2003 Symposium Closing Ceremony
Students’ Responses to “What I learned at the symposium….”
- Turn off the lights.
- Solar power is cool.
- What I do can impact others.
- I’m going to use more eco-friendly products.
- To be thinking of the bigger picture.
- I’m going to use those spiral light bulbs.
- How beautiful Lake Superior is, and I want to protect the lake.
- I want to protect my “home.”
- I learned what we do to a river can impact the big lake.
- Puppets were cool!
- I liked meeting diverse people.
- I like meeting the Canadians.
- Think more about the products we buy.
- I feel recharged!
- Try to recycle more at home.
- Jeff Rennicke’s stories about Lake Superior.
- Respect and beauty of Lake Superior that we often take for granted.
- Sustainable foods---made me realize the impact of our choices.
- Our world is affected by our actions.
- Smallest decisions we make everyday can have an impact.